Thursday, September 22, 2005

Mercury Rising

Disease
Behind its pain
Beneath my throbbing vein
I can see in guise
The lessons learnt by the wise
Friends? Foes?
What separates them, who knows
But the tired bones and the burning skin
Makes me remember my kin
My lungs scream at deaf ears
My face betrays my smile
My breath is no longer silent
And takes more than just a while
There are those who call and those who don’t
The ones who don’t, I knew they won’t
The ones who do, prefer to seek my mind
Mortal issues, they’d rather leave behind
So I hush my lungs
Smile a bit longer
Hold my breath once more
So they can ignore
And as I lie down to sleep
Hoping in my dreams
Someone would come along
Maybe sing me a song
Pay me a compliment
Pour the healer on a spoon
And bending forward, say
I’ll make you get well soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home